Why Service Your Boiler?
Regular servicing of your oil boiler helps keep your boiler running more efficiently, which in turn means that you use less fuel, less emergency callouts and repairs which saves you money.
Boiler servicing also assists in preventing potential breakdowns which may leave you without heating. Most oil boiler manufacturers recommend that a service is carried out once a year.
We carry a range of key spares to ensure that most problems will be solved on site, helping to prevent the need for any recall visits which can be expensive and inconvenient to our customers.
What we do during our Boiler Service
Our oil boiler servicing consists of a full service to the burner, boiler and visual checking of the oil tank.
On the boiler we:
- Clean and check the boiler combustion chamber, baffles/heat exchangers
- Check all seals and gaskets.
- Check condensate disposal pipe work and clean trap where possible (condensing boilers)
On the burner we:
- Replace The nozzle
- Clean the blast tube
- Check and clean the photocell
- Lubricate the motors shaft and bearings
- Check and adjust electrode settings
- Check fuel flexible hose and replace if necessary*
- Reassemble the burner and test
- Take flue gas sample with smoke gun and Flue Gas Analyser and adjust settings to get correct/most efficient readings
On the oil tank we:
- Check, operate and lubricate oil tank isolation valve
- Complete tank risk assessment in accordance with OFTEC 600A Training (new customers)
- Ensure remote and internal fire Valves operate correctly (if fitted/accessible)
- Inspect for cracks, excessive corrosion and leaks on tank where accesbile
- Inspect visible oil supply pipework for leaks, corrosion and restrictions
- Inspect location for safety
We also check:
- Central heating pump, automatic air vent, and pressure release valve (if fitted at boiler)
- Pipework at or near the boiler for corrosion and leaks
Leave you with a service report, a print out confirming the boiler performance and advise on any remedial work required
*A charge for materials may be applicable